Call for a Free Consultation   904-356-7LAW(529)

Respect. Compassion. Professionalism

Protecting Your Custody and Visitation Rights
Free Consultation with a Lawyer

Sometimes a judge will issue an order which allows the move immediately. In most cases however, the relocating parent can get 30 days in which to respond.

Our firm will examine all of the relevant facts in your case. We will prepare your case thoroughly and work with determination to achieve your goals.

In some cases, it may be possible for us to negotiate an acceptable visitation solution. These often involve the provision of extra time with the child to the non-relocating parent during holiday periods and the summer months. The alternative is usually litigation to prevent the move.

We will discuss your situation, explain the costs and potential risks of litigation and help you decide how to proceed. If your decision is to proceed with litigation, Pickett Law Firm will vigorously represent you to protect your rights and achieve your goals.

If you are in the process of divorce, we can work to insert a relocation clause in the final judgment which allows or disallows a relocation, or places certain conditions on any future move.

At Pickett Law Firm, P.L.L.C., we have successfully represented a number of parents in both situations. We understand the law regarding child relocations and will work diligently to protect your rights at all stages of the legal process.

Contact us for a free consultation. An attorney at our firm can review your situation and discuss your legal options.

If you wish to prevent the removal of a child, our firm can seek an emergency injunction which blocks the move, pending a final ruling by the court.

Child Relocations

​We're on Your Side

Child Relocation Lawyer in Jacksonville, Florida

Duval County Move Away Custody Attorney

A parent cannot simply relocate with a child to another state or more than 50 miles away if the other parent has a time-sharing agreement in place or a pending time sharing case. The court may allow such a move, but only when it is satisfied that the proposed child relocation is in the "best interest of the child".

If you are a parent wishing to relocate, or if you have visitation rights and wish to prevent the relocation of your child, you need effective legal representation.

For a free consultation with Pickett Law Firm, call 904-356-7LAW (529) or contact us online.

Negotiation, Mediation or Litigation?

Please contact Pickett Law Firm for a free initial consultation. Experienced representation is just a phone call away.